The GTL company arranges additional services in customs clearance or property insurance for its customers, such as representation in customs clearance or property insurance of parcels for haulage.
For customers who have business partners in the Balkans in a country outside of the European Union (primarily Turkey and Serbia), GTL offers representation in customs clearance and customs consultation. This service includes especially:
- issuing import, export and transit customs declarations (EX, T1, T2 documents)
- issuing documents of origin and on the status of the goods (EUR.1, A.TR documents)
- filling out TIR, ATA carnets
- securing customs debt
- storing goods in the customs warehouse
- releasing goods into business effect mode
Import customs clearance occurs within the ICS system (Import Control System), which checks certificates of origin and accompanying documents, represents clients in customs clearance, issues import declarations, secures customs debt and pays import taxes and fees.
In terms of the ECS (Export Control System) export customs clearance, GTL offers complete services, which includes checking invoices and business documents, issuing export accompanying documents, releasing goods to export mode and pursuing the proper conclusion of this mode. If the export process is properly concluded, an export tax document is automatically generated.
Road transportation is a very risky, but integral part of international business. Compensation for eventual damage to hauled goods is limited by the international CMR agreement, specifically to 8,33 XDR per 1kg gross (the so-called „kilogram price“). The hauler’s responsibility is therefore limited by this amount.
Example of compensation for damages in international road transportation: If a parcel with a value of 500.000,-Kč weighing 200 kg gross is lost, damaged or destroyed, the maximum compensation for damages according to the CMR agreement is only:
200kg x 8,33 x 31,85 (CNB’s XDR exchange rate) = 53.062,-Kč
For this reason, GTL follows the value of the transported goods and offers, or arranges for its customers, property insurance of transported parcels with a value that is higher than the „kilogram price“ according to the CMR agreement.
BENEFITS OF PROPERTY INSURANCE
- insurance benefits of up to 110% of the compensation for damages (regardless of the limits to the hauler’s responsibility by the CMR)
- no co-payment
- quick settlement of insured events
We are able to insure standard new goods (business goods), as well as used goods (moving), but the GTL coordinator must be informed of this ahead of time. Besides the parcel value, the GTL coordinator must also know the type of the goods. This will determine the insurance rates.
NOTIFICATION OF AN INSURED EVENT PERIOD: 7 DAYS
IN CASE OF AN INSURED EVENT
1. Always check if the outer cover of the shipped parcel is intact.
2. Note down the range of the damage in the transportation document (CMR cargo certificate).
3. Write up a damage protocol and photograph the damage.
4. Write a letter or e-mail about the insured event and the hauler’s responsibility. Describe the range of damage, destruction or loss and quantify the damage. Attach a photograph to this document and immediately send it (at the latest within 7 days of unloading) electronically to your contact person in GTL.