FAQ - frequently asked questions
BEFORE ORDER / LOADING:
DO YOU HAVE ANY PRICE LIST?
We take an individual approach to our customers and in view of the fact that we offer tranportation from carton to full truck load (FTL) even in the remotest areas in the Balkans,
we don´t have an unified pricelist but we calculate each shipment individually. Nevertheless, in case of concrete destination, we also prepare larger price lists according to customer inquiry. Please contact our sales manager with your inquiry and calculation:
gsm: (+420) 722 657 272
TO / FROM WHICH COUNTRIES DO YOU CARRY THE GOODS?
We are specialist in transportation between the Czech Republic and the countries of the Balkan Peninsula. Our core destinations are: Greece, Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Cyprus, Macedonia (FYROM) and Moldova. For a clear overview of our services on these destinations, click here.
HOW TO INQUIRE THE TRANSPORT?
For faster response we recommend to send e-mail with your inquiry to a concrete employee of our company according to the demanded destination. For a clear overview of contacts, click here. Your price request should include a maximum of information, but the basic information for correct calculation is: place of loading and unloading (if possible including addresses), volume, the dimensions and weight of the packages and the required terms of loading and unloading, in case you already know the terms. If there are some limits
or restrictions at loading or unloading place, for example no entry for vehicles above a certain tonnage or requirement for vehicles with hydraulic lift, it is important to point that information in you price request. Other important information is the total value of transported goods and information about customs clearance for shipments to / from countries outside the EU.
HOW TO ORDER THE TRANSPORT?
We accept orders by e-mail or fax, but first it is necessary to receive the confirmation of our possibilities, delivery term and price from our transportation specialist
(by e-mail or telephone). Our contact person can be found here.
HOW TO FIND OUT THE TRANZIT TIME OF MY SHIPMENT?
Transit time is based on the size and destination of the shipment (if the consignment goes directly to the recipient on the groupage truck or is to be delivered with smaller domestic truck via terminal). For each destination you see the usual transit times, but concrete delivery term will be confirmed in our price offer, respectively our transportation specialist confirms the concrete term in the order. For an overview of destinations, click here.
HOW TO PACK THE SHIPMENT?
Quality packaging reduces the risk of shipment damage during the transport. Transport packaging must correspond to the weight and dimensions of the shipment. It is always necessary to have in mind that the good packaging protects the consignment throughout the transport.
HOW TO PACK THE GOODS IN BOX (CARTON)?
- the size of the box must correspond to the content
- always secure the cover of the carton
- use only high quality packaging material
- secure the product against moving
- protect products against possible abrasions or scratches of the surface and protect sensitive parts of products
- fill the box completely with fixing material - bubble wrap or foam so that the product inside the carton cannot move, even when movement is intense
- cardboard box must be solid and compact
- mark the shipment with handling marks
- packaging must stand up to five times the weight of its contents (in the case of stacking cartons on each other)
- carefully affix with thick tape all joints
Our other recommendations:
- three-layer cardboard for parcels up to 15 kg
- five-layer cardboard for parcels with a weight up to 30 kg
- special reinforcements of corners and sides of consignments of weight 30-50 kg
- seven-layer cardboard - heavy or sensitive goods
- fragile goods (ceramics, glass, etc.) must be packed in solid (hard) carton boxes, FRAGILE label does not ensure the safety of products – quality packaging is neccessary
HOW TO PACK THE GOODS ON PALLETS?
- use pallets only in perfect condition, we recommend EURO pallets
- put heavier goods at the bottom of the pallet and lighter up
- center of gravity must be in the middle of the pallet, where it is otherwise, it is necessary to inform your contact person in GTL
- stack more goods on the pallet only to a height of two meters, if you need to carry a higher pallet, then consult this request in advance with our transportation specialist
- goods on the pallet should not extend the base of the pallet (if this is not possible, the overlapping must be secured so it can not be damaged or can not damage other shipments during the transport, and our transportation specialist must be informed about it before loading
- fix the shipment on the pallet
- clear marking must be placed on the side, not on the top of the pallet
WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE NEEDED IN INTERNATIONAL ROAD TRANSPORT?
Whether it is the FTL or transportation of small shipments in international road transport, each individual consignment must be accompanied by the CMR waybill. The waybill is a key document accompanying the consignment, which provides complete information about the shipment - the sender, recipient, amount, type of goods, the weight
of the shipment, etc. There is also a place for objection of the carrier or comments of the customer. Correctly completed waybill is essential to implement a possible claim, if needed.
The export / import of goods outside the EU must be accompanied by commercial invoice or pro forma invoice.
HOW TO FILL OUT A CORRECT CMR DOCUMENT?
CMR must always include:
- information about the sender (full name or business name, complete address)
- information about the receiver (full name or business name, complete address)
- the quantity, type of packaging (carton, pallet, etc.), commodity (e.g. paper towels, etc.).
WHAT IF I DO NOT HAVE ANY CMR BLANK - CAN I ALSO SEND A SHIPMENT WITH YOUR COMPANY?
Yes, if the shipment goes through our terminal, just send us an e-mail with data presented here and we will prepare and fill out CMR waybill before the shipment leaves our terminal.
If the shipment goes directly from you to the recipient, please notify our transportation specialist that you need CMR waybill and the driver will give you a CMR blank before loading
to complete it.
WHEN DO I NEED A COMMERCIAL INVOICE AND WHEN PRO FORMA INVOICE?
Customs authorities require for all consignments in international trade invoices. If the goods are intended for resale, commercial invoice is required, for all other goods pro forma invoice is sufficient.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE INVOICE IN THE IMPORT / EXPORT OF GOODS OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION?
- name, address and VAT number of shipper / exporter
- name and address (inc. Postcode and phone number) of recipient
- country of origin - country of origin in this case means the country in which the goods were produced - not the country from which it is exported (if the goods were manufactured
in more countries, must be each item marked in the appropriate country of origin)
- a detailed description of the goods:
- what is it about
- what is it made from
- what quantity (number of units)
- how it will be used
Ex. 3 cartons stainless steel screws for cars
- the quantity - the individual and the total quantity (number of pieces in the box, number of boxes in the carton, number of cartons on pallet, etc.)., Unit of measure, weight
- the unit price and total value
- currency and its specific three-digit code - eg. USD, CAD (dollar sign is not acceptable)
WHAT ARE THE LIMITS IN YOUR TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM?
- the weight of the shipments - we transport in export and import shipments from 50 kg to 22 tons (transport of general cargo / less then truck load - LTL shipments/ FTL)
- max. volume (dimensions) of the shipments
- standard type of truck - in general haulage to 80 cbm, 33 EUR pallets, 27 US pallets (120x100cm)
- height of the pallets in the groupage cargo (transportation of general cargo) - up to 200 cm, but in agreement with our transportation specialist even higher
- you can not send through our transportation system:
- we do not transport animals, plants, precious metals, securities, industrial designs, alcohol, tobacco, weapons, perishable goods
- what you can send, but under certain conditions
- transport of dangerous goods, except classes 1 and 7 while meeting all conditions set by the ADR and goods of Division 1.4 S (eg. Fireworks).
HOW IS IT WITH INSURANCE?
Road transportation is a very risky, but integral part of international business. Compensation for eventual damage to hauled goods is limited by the international CMR agreement, specifically to 8,33 XDR per 1kg gross (the so-called „kilogram price“). The hauler’s responsibility is therefore limited by this amount.
Example of compensation for damages in international road transportation: If a parcel with a value of 500.000,- CZK and weight 200 kg gross is lost, damaged or destroyed,
the maximum compensation for damages according to the CMR agreement is only:
200kg x 8,33 x 31,85 (CNB’s XDR exchange rate) = 53.062,- CZK
For this reason, GTL follows the value of the transported goods and offers, or arranges for its customers, property insurance of transported parcels with a value that is higher
than the „kilogram price“ according to the CMR agreement.
For more information, click here.
WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE?
The customs broker always need a commercial invoice and the power of attorney for representation in customs clearance, or pro forma invoice is accepted in case of non-commercial character, other documents may be required for specific goods (e.g. products for exhibitions) or the given destination (e.g. the particularities in customs clearence in Turkey),
in case of specific document requirements there will inform our transportation specialist before loading.
HOW WILL I BE INFORMED ABOUT THE DELIVERY?
It is always on the previous agreement with the concrete client. If you prefer a phone call, we will call you after unloading. Otherwise, you can be also informed about the service via SMS or e-mail. Recipients in foreign destinations are informed by our local partners about the arrival of the consignment at the terminal and the estimated delivery time to the final address.
HOW CAN I CHANGE THE TERM OF DELIVERY?
If you need to deliver the shipment later, or for example to stop the goods at the terminal, please inform the contact person in GTL and wait for our confirmation.
CAN I CHANGE THE PLACE OF UNLOADING?
Yes, change of the unloading place is possible, but it may change the price of freight and delivery date. And for example, in Turkey it is not so simple to change the unloading place according to the office of customs clearance.
CAN THE RECIPIENT PICK UP THE SHIPMENT AT TERMINAL IN FOREIGN COUNTRY?
Yes, we will give you a contact to our partner´s direct responsible person. Addresses of warehouses you can find on our website - the list of partners, click here.
HOW DO I COMPLAIN?
If you have a complaint about our staff or communication, work of our drivers, or domestic and foreign partners, please send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Quality Manager will individually pursue every comlaint.
HOW IS IT WITH INVOICING?
We invoice standardly within 15 days from the end of the transport (unloading). If you need an invoice for the transport earlier, we invoice based on the scanned copies of shipping documents (e.g. immediately after transportation).
HOW IS IT WITH CLAIMS?
- NOTIFICATION OF AN INSURED EVENT PERIOD: 7 DAYS
- IN CASE OF AN INSURED EVENT
1. always check if the outer cover of the shipped parcel is intact.
2. note down the range of the damage in the transport document (CMR cargo certificate).
3. write up a damage protocol and make a photodocumentation of the damage and send it via e-mail to email@example.com.
4. write a letter or e-mail about the insured event and the hauler’s responsibility. Describe the range of damage, destruction or loss and quantify the damage. Attach photos to this document and immediately send it (at the latest within 7 days from unloading) electronically to your contact person in GTL.